Thursday, December 15, 2011

"Tiffany"

So this is the start to my cake journey adventure! And I am super excited about it. I have never felt so passionate and excited about something as much as I do baking and decorating cakes! I'm blogging my journey so that others can view my progress, as well as myself! It's almost like an online journal and the perfect way to keep all my creations together and explain my journey to you all along the way.


Ok so this is it, my very first cake. More than details, I wanted to get the technique down. I thought to do a simple yet elegant cake. The detail I would focus on with this cake would be on the bow, which I learned to do in my Michael's cake class. This is a two tiered cake which I baked a vanilla butter cake for both tiers, and covered it with the Tiffany blue teal coloured fondant. I created the bow out of white fondant/gum paste combined and lustre dusted it with a pearl white to give it that finished glow.


So the only thing I would change with this cake would be the piped stars I did as the border. It would have looked better with fondant pearls around the border, next time! I was just out of time and wanted to see the finished product quickly. But now I know.


I'm very happy with the overall cake though! And looking forward to many many more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment