Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tiffany's Gift Box Cake


Which lady isn’t familiar with the ultimate jewellery store for that one of a kind diamond ring? I remember walking in the Yorkville area in Toronto with my then fiancé, and coming across this store. We had already been looking for engagement rings, but I just wanted to take a small peak at their selection. Just a peak! “I promise, I won’t fall in love with any of them” is what I said to Richie. Yeah right! I walked in and was jaw smacked at a few of their selections. However I could tell from the look on Richie’s face, he wanted to get outta there lol! I don’t blame him, the price tag on those beauties was well beyond our budget. So we walked out and he got me another engagement ring which was equally as beautiful, and I treasure deeply.

Tiffany’s has a signature box for all their jewellery which is pretty much world knows as this beautiful teal box with a shiny white bow on top. It’s quite gorg! My boss had asked me to make his wife a birthday cake for her 50th birthday. As she is a true lover of Tiffany’s, it was only fitting to make this cake for her. I don’t think anything else would sufficed.

The bow was from a tutorial I learned from Lesley at RoyalBakery. This cake is fluffy vanilla with a raspberry jam filling and buttercream frosting inside, and a whoooole lotta goodness!




No comments:

Post a Comment