Monday, August 27, 2012

First Wedding Cake!

What a journey and a truly exciting one! All year I have been making tons of cakes for birthdays, baptisms, baby showers, etc., and had yet to make a wedding cake, until now! Had my first order to make a wedding cake, and it was far from simple! This was a 5 tier wedding cake! Needless to say, my nerves were racing! You just never know what to expect with these sort of things, and it being my first time I didn't know what hurdles I would have to face. Oh, there were hurdles! But with every one of them was a solution and the end result is one that I am proud of. The couple who ordered this cake were actually renewing their vows. They've been married for years and have children and grandchildren, but after lots of ups and downs in their marriage they decided to recommit their love to God and to the world. Honestly, that is so romantic!

The bottom two tiers of this cake were real cake. Vanilla on the bottom, and chocolate above. The rest of the tiers were fake per the couples request, and decked out with real roses. Royal icing was used for the piping on each tier except for the middle tier, which received a beautiful grid pattern accented with pearls. 

All in all, best experience I've had so far, and looking forward to many many more!


No comments:

Post a Comment