Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sara's Bridal Shower!

This day is fast approaching. Honestly, I didn't think this day would come THIS fast! But the days are zooming by and it's happening. My little brother is getting married *tear*.

I couldn't be more happy for him. He is a wonderful man who has his head on straight. He is seriously one of a kind so I know the girl he chose for him would have to be equally as good or better (but I didn't think she'd actually BE better you know)?

I was wrong.

I love Sara. This girl is already part of our family and I couldn't be more happy for the BOTH of them. They truly fit each other like two pieces of a puzzle. They fit perfectly together. Why am I tearing up writing this? Gah! But seriously, isn't she a beauty? This is her on her bridal shower day, after the gifts were opened. Her bridesmaids had the greatest idea of collecting all the tissue paper from the gifts, stringing them together and making a cute skirt for her. She is lovely!




Moving on. I had the honour of making her bridal shower cake. They are simple, but their taste is exquisite. She wanted cherry blossoms but let me have free reign on the actual design (which I love by the way) I'm glad she trusted me! 

After I had finished making this cake, it just didn't seem complete to me. Something was missing and I was trying to figure out what it was. And then it came to me, I added the two blue love birds to the cake, which matched the birds on their wedding invitation. Right away I fell in love! I was really pleased with the way it turned out.


Not only was this an honour, but I have the honour of making their wedding cake this year! Oh I can't wait! So stay tuned for those pictures, I'm sure there will be plenty!

Congratulations Danny & Sara! I love you both so much :)



No comments:

Post a Comment