Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Royal Purple Musical Themed Birthday Cake

I can say pretty confidently that music is my life. I need music in my life, at all times of the day and during the many different things I do. And it's been this way for as long as I can remember. Maybe this is due to the forced piano lessons my mom would drag me to every week. However through my learning to play the piano, I really began to appreciate music. I listen to music at work everywhere. 

I was so pleased to be able to make this cake for another girl who is just into music as I am. For her, her love was the piano. And really, I just love the beautiful melodies a piano makes. I really enjoyed making this cake for her, I made sure I captured the art of the instrument as best as I could.

Not only was this my first piano inspired cake, it was also my first topsy turvy cake! Was I nervous? Heck yeah! But after watching too many youtube videos and reading all about to construct this cake, I was ready for the challenge. And boy was I ever happy! It turned out great, and it was stable. It met all the check points!

And for her Sweet 16th, I added them as her topper, kinda sorta shaped as musical notes.

Happy Birthday Deborah! 



No comments:

Post a Comment